Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Time

When many are excited to head home for Christmas I am excited to be going the other direction. This will be the third Christmas in a row that I will spend in Arizona with all of my extended family on my mom's side. We are the only ones that live in this winter wonderland of Utah.

This means that five of the list six Christmas days I have not been home. You may find that sad, but really the memories I have from Arizona are far better than any I have had at home. I love being able to see my cousins and to play games with each other. We especially love playing hearts, we have played a game of hearts with about twenty people and three decks of cards. It is crazy! Especially if you get all three queens.

I love everything about Christmas. I love the spirit of giving, the music, and being with my family. Unfortunatly I won't be able to see or talk to my brother this Christmas since he is in the MTC. Him being on a mission has helped me stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas and on what life is truly all about. I hope that we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas.

I hope that your Christmas is a great one! May all of your wildest dreams come true.

1 comment:

elysehawks said...

Dave you are awesome. Christmas is a a wonderful time. It is a great time being with family which means it is great for you since you will be going down to AZ to see many of your family. And what a gift it is to know that Jon is willingly serving the Lord, he is going to be an amazing missionary! Your family is great and I wish you the best! Love ya kid!