Friday, November 26, 2010

When Christmas Comes to Town

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I feel like it has stayed true to it's true meaning more than any other holiday out there.  I love thinking about all of the things I am grateful for and spending time focused on family.  This Thanksgiving I was able to help much more than usual to help things come together, it was fun to be able to rally around with my family to get everything done.  I am glad that I made Thanksgiving a special day and season, but I am also glad that it is time for Christmas to come to town.

Today I spent a few hours helping put up decorations at my parents house.  So many of the decorations have special significance and so many years of tradition.  It was fun to be able to, once again, spend time time with my family.  I look forward to the day when I have more of my own decorations that mean something special to me and my future family.  I plan on doing my best to remember the true reason for the Christmas season just as I did with Thanksgiving.  We really are so blessed. 

Bring on the food, the music, the family and friends!  It's Christmas time!  What is your favorite Christmas tradition/decoration/memory?  Please post it in the comments section.

1 comment:

Becca said...

One of my favorite traditions we always did growing up is the 12 days of Christmas. We chose a family who was needy in the ward and we would ding dong ditch stuff to them every night. It was really really fun and such a good way to help others and to feel their excitement as we hid behind the fence or corner. It is something I have only done a couple of times as an adult, but for sure want to continue with my family when I make one.