Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goodbye 2008

2008 has been a crazy year... In April I graduated from UVU in Elementary Education and on August 18th began teaching fourth grade in Highland Utah. I also had a lot of fun including an amazing summer road trip to Six Flags and Las Vegas with two of my friends Dan and Jared. I spent a lot of time playing sports both for fun and intramural. Both of my soccer teams did really well, football, basketball and ultimate were a blast as well. My brother went into the MTC in October to prepare to go to Mongolia, this month he will finally be on his way, we hope (visa issues). I also met an amazing girl named Jennifer, and she helped me enjoy the last few months of the year. So looking back it was a rather eventful year.


I was able to spend the last two weeks of the year in Arizona with all of the relatives on my mom's side of the family. We were able to take part in my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary, the day before Christmas, as well as my cousin's wedding on January 2nd. I loved the warm weather, spending time with my family, and all the free grapefruits I could eat. I really didn't want to come back, other than I was rather missing Jenn. I am so lucky to have a family as awesome as the one I have. There was always something fun going on, playing cards, watching giant turtles walk by outside of the window, talking, or just doing nothing at all.


I look forward to more memories this year and hope that each of you get to be a part of them. Time is so precious, let's all make the most of what we have. Happy 2009!

No comments: